Online Privacy Statement Gemeente ‘s-Hertogenbosch
Applicable since March 2020. The last version can be found in this document (pdf) (only available in Dutch).
At the Gemeente 's-Hertogenbosch we find it important to be transparant and to take good care of your personal data and privacy.
In this Online Privacy Statement we explain which (personal) data we collect and use on our websites. We also explain why we collect this data and why we are allowed to do so.
This Online Privacy Statement is applicable on all our websites of the Gemeente 's-Hertogenbosch, unless a seperate Privacy Statement is applicable and posted on that website.
If you are looking for general privacy information of the gemeente 's-Hertogenbosch, then you go the the page Privacy.
Below we will explain how we handle your (personal) data:
1. Personal data
Personal data contains information that tells something about you as a person. For example: your name, birthdate, telephone number or e-mail address. But also data about your income or health are examples of personal data.
We collect your personal data to contact you through physical post, e-mail or social media. In addition we also collect information about your use of our websites. We use different techniques, such as cookies. More information about cookies can be found in our cookie statement.
2.Collection of personal data
Gemeente ’s-Hertogenbosch collects your personal data if it is necessary for our services or if we are obliged to do so by law. In some cases we ask for your consent.
3. Use of personal data
We use your personal data in at least the following situations to:
- Answer your questions and requests through the contact form on our website.
- Contact you by physical mail, e-mail of by phone.
- Send a newsletter.
- Make our services possible and to improve our services.
- Create statistics on the use of our websites.
Your data will only be used when it is necessary for specific purposes. Therefore we will not (re)use your personal data for other purposes without explanation. We use your personal data as if we are obliged to do so by law, if it fits within our municipal tasks or for carrying out a contract we have with you. As explained before, in some cases we ask for your consent.
4. Retention of personal data
We will keep your data as long as necessary to provide our services:
- The use of your data when we have a legal basis. A legal retention period is applicable for us in this case.
- To handle your requests via a contact form on our websites. A legal retention period is applicable for us in this case.
- To contact you by physical mail, e-mail or phone. We keep your personal data for as long as necessary to perform the public task or to conform to the legal retention period.
- To send a newsletter. We keep your personal data for as long as you have not revoked your consent.
- Enabling and improving the services you have used. A legal retention period is applicable for us in this case.
- To create statistics on the use of our websites. You can find more information in the cookie statement.
If you have any questions, please contact our Data Protection Officer. The contact options can be found at the bottom of the Privacy page.
5. Your GDPR rights
We work hard to protect your personal data. We provide physical, administrative and technical safety measures. In doing so, we want to protect your (personal) data from unauthorised access, use and disclosure.
We record the information about your visit to our websites. We use this information to collect data on the use of our websites. A detailed explanation of cookies can be found on the page Cookie statement.
8. Notice of adjustments
When changes have been made to the Online Privacy Statement we shall post a message for 30 days at the top of the page. In this way we want to point out these changes. If we want to (re)use your personal data for other purposes we will inform you.
9. Questions about privacy and access to your personal data
Do you have any questions about this Online Privacy Statement or about the handling of your (personal) data? Please contact us. The contact possibilities can be found at the bottom of the Privacy page.
You are able to request access to your personal data or to modify incorrect personal data. For more information about these requests, go to the page GDPR rights.